Saturday, December 08, 2012

12 bones, 12 tones on 12/12/12


This coming Wednesday will be 12/12/12.  It will be the last repeating date of this century.  Of course, during that day will come the time 12:12:12.

I was thinking, "Wouldn't it be cool if we had 12 bones playing all 12 tones at precisely 12:12:12?"

And, (drumroll please...or eggroll if you're hungry), I have composed a 12-second fanfare scored for twelve trombones that we hope to premiere at ...well, I guess you know when.

Here's a link to the fanfare...anybody else who wants to give it a go...copy away! (Note, if you're looking at the post for the 2nd time, I changed the link to a file on my website).

As for timing, I think I'll have my cell phone link up to some official online clock showing the seconds.
There are a number of smartphone apps that can do this.

I'm working on lining up twelve trombone players here to do it.

I hope we don't open up a rift in the space-time continuum!!

Here's the same fanfare as a png image in case the pdf link above doesn't work...