Saturday, January 13, 2007

Bolero and BoneWeek

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. Most of my late night energies have been spent finishing up BoneWeek Fanfare #4. I went through with my original idea and created a piece that is largely based on Malcolm Arnold's Fantasy for Unaccompanied Trombone.
I'm pretty happy with it. Once I'm done proofing the parts, I'll send it in to the ITA and post it on my website. I suppose I should get around to posting BoneWeek 3 on my website one of these days. The first three fanfares are still available on the ITA website (although hard to find from the home page at the moment). Now that I have Finale 2006 and am beginning to understand their "human performance" feature, the sound files for this new fanfare should be more realistic (ritards, fermatas, crescendos, etc).

I also have a Bolero performance with the Augusta Symphony weekend so that has taken up some time. So far so good in rehearsal. It does make your heart thump a good bit!

Classes at USC start next week and I'll try to back on track with blogging.